1. Email marketing is a valuable tool for small business. Almost half the world's population will use email by 2020. That's 3 billion people. Within the other half of the population, 1.6 billion people don't have electricity. 205 billion emails are sent every day and it is expected to grow to 246 billion by the end of 2019
2. Email makes you money. For every dollar you spend on email marketing, you can expect an average return of $38.
3. Email grows your business. For customer acquisition and retention, email is way ahead of other tactics for most small and medium-sized retailers in the US. 80% versus social media 51% acquisition 44% retention. Organic search 62% for acquisition. 88% of marketers worldwide said they used email marketing focused software. As the saying goes if you're not growing, your dying.
4. Facebook can't compete. It's an important marketing tool, but when you're looking for the most direct way to reach and interact with the audience it's best to turn to email. Why? According to Forester, people are twice as likely to sign up for your email list as they are to interact with you on Facebook.
5. Email has a higher conversion rate than social media and search combined. Turning prospects into customers most efficiently is critical to small business success.
6. 72% of consumers prefer email as their source of business communication. Consumers rely on emails to learn more about the businesses they shop at and make informed purchasing decisions.
7. Consumers want to hear from you. 61% of consumers enjoy receiving promotional emails weekly. 38% would like emails to come even more frequently. Keep this in mind next time you fret that customers will get turned off by sending emails too often.
8. Transaction rates are skyhigh. Send an email and it converts to the sale, that's the dream right? That's also the reality, especially when you personalize your emails. Personalized emails received transaction rates that are six times higher than others.
9. You'll reach a mobile audience. Smart phones are here to stay and are used by almost 80% of Americans today. Marketers are scrambling for ways to reach mobile users. Luckily there's an easy and cost-effective option. 88% of smartphone users actively check email on their phones. This makes it more popular than any other app for both iPhones and android's.
10. What can email marketing do for your business? What do you want to increase; the number of customers or strengthen your relationship with existing customers? Email marketing gives you the tools to do both.
Sources: Constant Contact, eMarketer 7/21/16,